The Dennis Wright Family - 2007

The Dennis Wright Family - 2007

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ANN'S GOT ANOTHER CAST ON HER ARM!

Monday, February 25th (which is Derek's official birthday) was to be an ordinary day. My Expedition had started making some really bad sounds in the left front wheel and Denny had made an appointment at Midas to have them look at it and tell us what needed to be done. Our appointment was for 8:00 am. Denny got up at 7:30 am, got dressed and took the "X" over to the shop. He and I both had Monday off of work. Then I got dressed. I called Shelle and told her that I needed to leave . She was putting her things away at work and would be on her way home so the children would be by themselves for about 2 minutes. So I walked out of the front door very quietly because the children (Slayde and Jaksyn) were on the couch with their blankets watching the Disney Channel. I walked over to Denny's car (Cherry Red PT Cruiser - HIS MIDLIFE CRISIS) and unlocked it, whenI noticed that our garage door was open. So I decided that I would close it. But I didn't want to close the garage door, then walk through the Family room, up the stairs and out the front door, because then the children would realize the I was gone. I had in my hands, my BIG COACH PURSE ( from Chinatown in NYC), bottle of water, papers, my glasses, my reading book and keys. So I decide that I would push the garage door button and then run out! I did that but when I passed in front the infrared motion detector beam, the door went back up. So I thought to myself, Ann, you have to JUMP over the beam so the door will go down. So I pushed the button, ran as fast as I could without dropping anything in my hands, took a big JUMP over the beam and the garage door hit my BIG PURSE and slammed me down to the ground!!! The garage door went back up. Now you always hear people say how these things happen so fast! WELL, HELLO, I fell in slow motion, letting me have time to think, Ann, you do not want to break your arm like you did in November. (LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED IN NOV, 2007: I was babysitting on another Monday, and I went into Slayde and Jaksyn's room to put Jaksyn to bed for her nap at abut 2:00 pm. In the bedroom, there are bunk beds and in front of the bund beds was a huge Love Sack. I was wearing my white slip-on shoes. I stepped up on the lower bund bed so I could kiss Jaksyn, "Nite Nite". When I turned around to step off the bed on to the Love Sack, my right shoe seemed to get caught on something and I fell straight into the wall, hitting my head and left shoulder first, then holding out my right hand, tried to catch myself from doing further damage to my body. I laid there for a minute and then preceded to get up! I looked at Slayde and Jaksyn and their eyes were just huge. I told them that I was okay so they wouldn't be afraid. I went up into my bedroom and closed both doors and just started, "MOANING!" My right wrist hurt so bad! I sat down for a few minutes then went down and got a load of clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. But every time I tried to pull some clothes out of the washer with my right hand, pain would shoot up my arm. I then decided that I would go and clean my bathroom since I was planning on doing that. As I was kneeling at the toilet and tried to put my weight on my wrist to clean the lef side of the toilet, there was the pain again. I finished cleaning the toilet and then decided to sit down and let my hand get better. Denny had called earlier and I had told him that I had fallen and he had told me to go to INSTANT CARE but I knew I was alright. I sat down and put on ice on my wrist and it started to swell. I still thought I was okay but around 4:00 p.m. the pain was so bad that I called Shelle and told her to come home and then called Denny and told him that I was going to INSTANT CARE. I drove myself over there, went and signed in and told the girl when she asked me what was wrong, that I had sprained my wrist and just wanted to make sure everything was okay. They soon had me in the room waiting for the Doctor. When he walked in, he asked me what was wrong and told him what had happened and that my wrist was just sprained. He said, "YOU BREAK WRISTS AND YOU SPRAIN ANKLES!" I said, "No! I have just sprained my wrist! He again said, "YOU BREAK WRISTS AND SPRAIN ANKLES!" I said, "YA THINK?" The Doctor had my wrist X-rayed and sure enough, I HAD BROKEN MY WRIST! I had to wear a cast and then a brace for 6 weeks! What a bummer!) NOW BACK TO MY STORY! So I tried to straighten my hands and arms so I would just slide! Unfortunately, I went "KER PLUNK"! Everything that I was carrying just scattered all over. I got up immediately hoping no one saw me fall and picked up all my things. I went to the car and threw my stuff on the front seat and then started shaking my left hand viciously because it was hurting so much. When my children used to get hurt, I would just tell them to SHAKE IT OFF and that was what I was trying to do: SHAKE THE PAIN OFF! I ran into the Family room and told Slayde to come push the button to close the garage door . I went and got in the car. My left hand was just hurting so bad but I knew I had to go pick up Denny! So I drove to Midas and when Denny got to the car, I told him that I had just fallen. He was concerned but not to nervous because I acted like it wasn't hurting too bad. I kept taking Ibuprofen every four hours for the pain. Denny wanted to take me to the show so we went. It was at the show that it really started to hurt and swell. I kept taking Ibuprofen during the night. By Tuesday, 02/26, about 2:oo pm, I called Shelle and told her that I needed to go to INSTANT CARE for my hand and to come home from work. Fortunately, she was on her way home. I drove myself over there, checked myself in and saw the Doctor. He and the X-ray Tech had a good laugh when I told them my story of hurdling the infrared beam. After the X-rays were taken and read, the Doctor told me that my hand wasn't broken but I had done a "REAL JOB" on my third knuckle. So he had a cast put on and I have to wear it for a week! YIPPY!!! JUST A WEEK!!! SO THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!

I have just got home from Instant Care with my cast!



At least this time, the cast is on my LEFT HAND and not my RIGHT HAND like in November!




We did have some good news! Denny went to Dr. Christain and found out that he doesn't have WALKING PNEUMONIA. He has been down with the chest cold and flu for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. He has taken antibiotics but still had the cough. He found out that he has yeast in his throat which causes him to cough and he got it from the antibiotics which helped him get over the chest cold! So he is taking pills to get rid of the yeast! So he is feeling better!!! YEA!

By the way, when I walked into work, they couldn't believe it. I broke my toe in the first part of June, 2007, broke my wrist in November, 2007 and now, did a real number on my knuckle and have to wear a cast! SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE FUN!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: